View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
I do periodic checks/logs and noticed I got added correction using certain fuels, but it only shows up in the EcuTek interface and sometimes I'll notice a slight drop in power. Fortunate to never get to the point an SEL flashes.
Just because it flashes doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, it's just letting you know it had an occurrence and adjusted timing. I wouldn't doubt if the oem tune gets some pre ignition going over the grapevine (oem tune doesn't flash the sel for pre ignition BTW so you would know if it happened) that's what the knock sensor is there for and to self correct for that extreme load. If tuned to not pre ignite under an extreme load condition/ high heat condition (like going over the grapevine in 98 degree weather) then the car would not be getting full power in a regular condition (normal load i.e. not a massive hill climb in the middle of august). It just shouldn't be a constant thing but to have a pre ignition occurrence under non normal circumstances (and were not talking audible marbles in a can knock here either) then I'm not worried.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote