View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #100 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Airwilf;3691765]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Attached garage is getting insulated and drywalled. If anyone heats their garage with either natural gas or electric let me know what you use!

My garage is 20' wide X 22 " deep, insulated, with an insulated 16 foot wide door .I came across a new, in the box, Hot Dawg 45000 btu gas heater by Modine on another forum. Fortunately my gas meter is just behind my garage , so it was just a matter of drilling a hole in the wall & running a line to it , plus the exhaust pipe which was the bulk of the job. The btu rating is overkill for a garage this size , but it was a good deal at the time.In the winter, which is normally damp & mild, I can be in shorts & a T shirt in 7-8 minutes from start up.If I'm washing the car , I'll set it around 60-65 F. Gas use is negligible & doesn't seem to affect my bill. It's about the size of a Canadian 24 of beer. Their website has a good variety of heaters.The garage has been totally cleaned up after this pic was taken.
( Click to show/hide )
Great information! I was looking at the Hot Dawg units. Thank you for the information!
madwi is offline   Reply With Quote