View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #311 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
From what I see and I could be wrong. ( I have the kit on my Nismo but I previously owned a 7AT G37 ) the way that the turbo manifold and charge pipe wrap around the bottom of the rounded 6MT transmission housing is a no go on 7AT simply due to shape. The V1 kit ran a charge pipe through the passenger side and the V2 runs one through the driver side so that's a given. I'm pretty sure if Sasha could've found a sensible fix to sell RHD kit's he'd have done it by now but good luck to you.
I'm a MT. From what I've read though it looks like there was never RHD support because when the odd RHD customer comes along, the consensus seems to be 'oh it may not fit, so it's not officially supported...', so that customer just moves along without any real discussion, till the next unaware RHD customer inquires and this has just repeated. I don't think there's been a serious discussion yet of 'precisely' why it wouldn't, if it can't for sure, and what clearances we have and possible solutions to make it work.

Yes I'm aware of the differences in V1 to V2 overall design with the charge pipe. I don't think V1 has a snowballs chance for RHD, but the V2 seems plausible to me. But then with the change of Turbos from Precision to Comp, has that affected the mounting position and dimensions? (i.e Turbo Inlet now sits 1/2 inch back or forward, 1/4 inch higher, etc) I can't seem to find any hard facts. Yes I could look up the Turbo dimensions themselves, but I don't know yet if Sasha has altered the flange position to affect Turbo position.

Just a lot of questions...

I know a couple of local members who are aware of the kit but never gave it a second look because they 'heard it wouldn't fit', but when asked why exactly, I get no response.
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote