View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #145 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
Things ship from Italy when they feel like getting shipped.....just ask any Ducati or Aprilia owner......
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
That's ridiculous!!! Not a way to be successful in America.
Both comments are exactly true.

But I did warn you about Alfa corporate in an earlier post.

Many in the US bought their 4C's from across the country and had them shipped, because either their dealership was price gouging or there was absolutely no telling if and when orders could be placed, or when the product would arrive. And no dealer swapping mechanism. Finding their own car was the only alternative.

I'm being 100% serious when I tell you that dealerships had no idea if their orders were accepted, whether they could order certain option combinations successfully, when the car might go into production, or when it might arrive. They received confirmation that the car had been produced when they received a call from the delivery truck driver that he was an hour away from the dealership. That's improved in the past year, but still is far from perfect.

It appears to be ingrained in Italian corporate culture - cars, bikes, guns, marble, heavy equipment parts are all the same. You can bitch about it, accept it, or work around it. But you won't change it.

Go nationwide and find the exact car you want, then get it. Life's too short to not drive an Alfa Romeo. (I hope that doesn't get me banned on a Nissan board!)
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote