View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat
Default FI Test Pipes Questions.

Good day everyone. So I grabbed up a set of FI test down pipes for my G37 sedan. Because they were used I didn't have the flanges or the bolts but my installer used a liquid exhaust sealant for them in the meantime. I believe I'm experiencing a exhaust leak from them but can't be sure. I smell my exhaust even sitting at a light with the windows down. Wondering if this is the new normal sense I know the smell changes drastically with them.

The bigger question I have is I'm experiencing a rattle at cold start at at 65% of the range of throttle, almost tinty with a rasp to it. You can almost hear it under the car and I've asked my installer. He said they checked it over several times and that's the normal sound now. Wondering if this is because I don't have the flanges? Around 3200 RPM it sounds perfect little louder then the old G35 exhaust did. Planning on installing the FI cat back system in the next month.

What should I do? Leave it and see if it gets fixed when I install the Cat back? Or order the flanges and try again?
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote