View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
earlynerd
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Sport Touring
earlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond repute

I know this thread has probably well been buried, but I've found that standard epoxy does a poor job of attaching the printed clip to the back of the PMMA(acrylic) finisher. sticks well at first but come off easily later even if you sanded well.

I picked up a tube of SCIGRIP 16 10319 Acrylic Cement on amazon (only need a little tube) and it has worked amazingly so far. Extremely solid bond, thick enough to not run anywhere, and cures quickly.
The solvent actually mixes the plastics together at the joint so breakage shouldn't be an issue anymore!

The finisher on the passenger side is very close to doing the same thing, I can tell only one clip is actually holding it on. So I plan to take it off the rest of the way and do this same fix there too before it falls off on the highway.

Last edited by earlynerd; 09-02-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: clarity, typo
earlynerd is offline   Reply With Quote