View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 06:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
A multiplate clutch doesnt mean it has to be an on/off feeling clutch. Each one can have its own characteristics.

As for the OSG appearing nicer quality than the ATS... Its been some years since I looked at my ATS and never held them side by side. But that clutch lasted me over 5 years before it started slipping, so I wouldnt worry too much about how pretty it looks inside the bell housing.

Im surprised to see people in this thread that are happy with the way the OSG drives. I guess to each their own. Everyone that drove my car hated it, and only a few of them were even really successful at it. Perhaps there is a different model than mine and my friends that drives nicer.
There are sprung and unsprung centres which is usually the difference.

I have a solid centre twin plate in my car and it is like an on/off switch.

I don't have a problem but some in the family who drive it do.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote