View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
PharmDZ
Track Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z BS M6
PharmDZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
I used anti seize now but never have in the past and never had an issue, always more worried of a lug nut loosening rather than one seizing. Maybe it happens on the east cost/mid west but never had it happen in my 12 years at dealers on the west coast, just really weird. The oem studs look to have a coating of some kind (dull grey) and I've seen that on MB stuff when I worked for them and it is a protective coating, the z1 studs are just a shiny silver so probably nothing there.

As far as torque I always use an extremely weak impact setting and final torque by hand (have never had a customer lose a wheel doing it this way) and I can't imagine the minor amount of impact force I use to have damaged it or you would be seeing just about every z with stuck lug nuts after it's gotten tires from the monkeys at the tire shops with their IR titanium guns at full power.

Pharma I saw that post earlier and I actually only use 10mm spacers so that may work but I didn't know if ARP 49.?? Length was thread length or total length including the ball nose. If it's the later that may have me worried for thread contact at the track.

I think I'm leaning to the z1 20mm ball nose since they are heat treated and plated as well, and if the gorilla locks fit then that's a big plus as well, also can run 10 or 15mm spacers which I'm starting to get tempted to try 15, just don't want any odd scrub radius issues under braking.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I BELIEVE thread length... I did double check with multiple people before throwing them on though. I've done about 6 or 7 autocross events and no issues so far. Seems like it catches more than enough thread contact.
PharmDZ is offline   Reply With Quote