View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #54 (permalink)
PharmDZ
Track Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z BS M6
PharmDZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
So bringing this thread back. I already have spacers and the z1 standard studs but just had one nut completely seize to a stud on the day before my track event. Luckily z car garage was able to save me and break the stud off. Truly odd, I have never had a lug nut just seize like that and spun the whole stud in the hub. Going to replace the hub as I don't trust the stud hole long term but also going to replace all the studs. Debating if I go the ARP route or the z1 higher quality cad plated ball nose studs. I originally wanted to go with the z1 ball nose but they are too long to work with the oem wheel lock (the oem lock is shallower). So I have a set of gorilla locks coming which look to be more like the oem depth and should clear the z1 ball nose stud. Or I get the ARP and have to cut the ends off of all the nuts to make the "open" style on the lathe since no one sells an "open" style to fit the oem rays. So more work to go the ARP route (removing rear hub and cutting lug nuts) but once done it's done but curious if anyone has used the z1 ball nose and what the results were long term, tracking, no seized nuts, broken studs etc.
I made the switch to the ARP studs (the smaller ones, not the 20mm extended) and I love it. I can use a 10mm slip on spacer on the rear and I don't have to use open ended lugs for my daily driver rims either (for which I take the 10mm spacer off). They're just the right length.
PharmDZ is offline   Reply With Quote