View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

As the SI mids and tweets continue to break in, I continue to tweak the levels and crossover. In doing so, there's very little EQ going on. I still need to run the "Auto" T/A and EQ on the new drivers.

I gotta say, these speakers and this amp make for a very clean and clear sound. Though I still need a DSP to get the sound just where I want it. And even though there's zero rattles in the doors, I feel I can still do some tuning to fix that dip in the EQ at the doors with some acoustic treatments of some sorts. There's some kind of peak there that needs to be addressed. The less processing I can do without, the better I always say.

Oh, and the sub came in today. It's funny, I always used to think 15's were bigger than this. It's sitting on top of my JL e110 sub, which is a massive 10" driver. The Alpine doesn't look all that much bigger! It is a rather heavy, beefy driver though.