View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

And today I called off the build of that box. Just the thought of him attempting to use 1/2" plywood was a major turnoff and I wasn't thrilled at all from the very beginning. So I just told him thanks but no thanks. Of course, I was nice about it. He's a great guy and will do anything for you, and he can design and build magnificent furniture, but subwoofer enclosures, not so much.

BTW, that Type S sub came in today. It's a lot nicer than I thought, and a lot heavier too! I don't think I've ever seen the weight of it posted anywhere, even on Alpine's site or in the owners manual, other than the magnet weight of 106 oz. If I had to guess, I'd say it weighs close to 20 lbs, if not more. Nice and beefy!

I'm going to wait until we're back from our trip to install this thing. I don't want to rush into it like I almost did yesterday. I refuse to cut corners with this system, or with the car in general. So it can just sit here and wait until I finalize some kind of plan for it.