View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 05:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
For me when I got my Z I had been driving manuals for 10 years or so and still stalled it many times at first. The OEM clutch feel is not really that good, too soft and it's hard to tell where it starts to engage. Your having issues because you feel it starts to engage about half way, but unless your car is an exception to the norm the engagement point is about 80-90% of the way depressed. It just takes a little getting used to and getting the right amount of gas/clutch and then you won't have any issues any more. I don't think getting a different pedal or anything will help till you figure out the stock one.
Interesting take on this. As mentioned earlier, I was fine driving with the stock clutch, never had an issue with the engagement point and went the RJM route because of concern with the CSC issue. However after installing the RJM pedal, I noticed marked improvement in all driving situations except one.

The only area I preferred the stock clutch was stopped on a hill. Because of the more gradual take up of the RJM pedal, you need to release the clutch to a little past the initial contact point and feather the gas better to not have the car roll back a little, or apply too much gas, then you have that burning the clutch feeling. With the stock pedal, because of it's short engagement window. You'd just release it to the very initial contact point and the car just held on the hill, with no roll back, then apply gas gradually.

Having said that previous paragraph, I'd take the RJM pedal any day of the week versus stock, hills or no hills.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote