View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 11:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
socce
Base Member

Drives: 40th
socce is on a distinguished road

Real Auto Dynamic in Queens has informed me of why the use UpRev vs. Ecutek for N/A vehicles.

"The new update that UpRev recently came out with offers the same exact features as Ecutek. For N/A cars we normally recommend UpRev because we've seen the same gains if not alittle better because UpRev is straight to the point with custom tuning especially with N/A cars. If your car was boosted that is when we would recommend going EcuTek because they have larger log tables for boost and calibration, where for an N/A car would have no use for those tables.

Depending on what performance mods you've done to the car up to the time of the tune is how we decide on what software to use, and with your setup I would stick with UpRev. Since you are manual for $100 more UpRev has released their new ARC features which include flat-foot shifting, 2-step launch control, rolling anti-lag and a burnout mod.

But at the end of the day, with custom tuning it's all in the hands of the tuner. The software only does so much as to help organize the calibrations it's really up to the tuner and his math to give you the gains you are looking for. A Lot of people dont understand that, they get confused with custom tuning and ecu flashes. "

Can someone tell me more about those new Uprev ARC features ?
socce is offline   Reply With Quote