View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 09:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

And speaking of sealed enclosures, my friend decided to start building it today. Just doing a preliminary build with... Gulp... 1/2" plywood!

20 x 30 x 7 has us at 2.23 cf. Once corner bracing, wall bracing, baffle bracing, bracing around the driver opening and driver displacement, we should be in the neighborhood of about 1.95 cf.

He's well into his 70's so he thinks using 1/2" plywood is perfectly fine. I'm just going along with it for now just so we can get the sub in the car before I go on my vacation next weekend and I can get an idea of how the sub is going to sound and perform. Once we're back in town, I'll use it as a base to build the final product from 3/4" MDF.

I'll be going back to his house this Saturday to finish it up.