View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 01:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
care to explain in detail how the rjm pedal would provide longer life of the csc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
Yea that seems a bit far fetched. But if the claims of smoother clutch engagement is a basis behind it, you would most likely not being slamming the clutch closed during engagement. In this case a smoother engagement would possibly warrant less destruction than a hard engagement at the incorrect rpm level.
Go to the link below and click on the video, he'll explain it better then I can. By the way, it's not a RJM representative or employee.

Home

My personal testimonial. I put the RJM pedal on my Z approx 2 months after I got it, not because I couldn't drive the Z, but thanks to this forum, I was concerned about the CSC. Over 5 years and 22,000 miles, yes it's low miles, but I live in downtown Honolulu and daily drive my car in the city, in the 2nd worst city for traffic in the US. My 22k miles equals probably at least 50k plus miles for clutch depressions for most other people.

I've also asked twice on this forum, for anyone who's installed a RJM pedal have a CSC failure and have received 0 response to both request. Will it totally prevent a CSC failure, probably not depending on when you put the RJM pedal in, but I placed a $240 insurance bet by purchasing and installing it when my car was new and I'd do it all over again if I bought another. Oh yes, I recommend that you both do it too.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote