View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

I find it strange the Z has such a progressive clutch engagement, but not the G37. Do both of these cars use the same spring? I haven't actually checked, but i have noticed between the two cars, the G's bite point is bit more linear and easier in that regard.

I think for me, its not actually the pedal itself, but the angle of my leg on the two cars. With the G, i had a bit more of a bend at the knee at full compression. With the Z my leg was straight (primarily because i can't put the seat and steering wheel where i like) when fully compressed and it made my leg tense up aggressively when it got to the bite point. It made it mentally weird trying to modulate gas and clutch pressure. After a while i just trusted that the bite point was at X point and i gave gas. This wasn't always smooth though.

Is anyone else experiencing this sensation? This was in a 2011 nismo and a 2014 nismo compared to a 2013 G37s.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote