View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #325 (permalink)
derraj06
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB 370z
derraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of light

Wanted to check back in on this thread now that the car has been on the track for a few sessions. I was sharing the car with a friend in beginner so the car go some major abuse over three days at Gridlife South.

My first impression was of how much more usable power the car makes. I am shifting much less at Road Atlanta with no FD change and an increase in aero loads. I have all but stopped using 3rd gear when I have a clean track. The one exception is T7. With a couple good runs through T6 and T7 I was able to consistently reach a top speed of 155 mph at around the 300 foot marker going into T10A. There was another 370 running a different group saying he was only able to get to around 130 at the same point so there's definitely a significant increase in usable power. Still hoping to go to Z1 sooner than later and put it on their dyno for NASA classification purposes as I don't have a dyno locally to me that has ever had a Z car on it.

On a side note, the sucker punch oil pump handles many runs up to 7900 RPM without issue. I was not able to get my pressure gauge in the car before the event but I have another track weekend in September and I hope to have my gauges in by then after I sort out some heat related issues with the rear brakes.