View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch pedal feel

I recently traded in my 2013 7AT base for a 2014 6MT nismo and have been struggling with getting smooth first gear starts due to how the clutch pedal feels when slowly engaging the clutch. When the clutch is fully pressed down and I start releasing it's smooth for about the first half of the travel then suddenly when it hits approximately the "bite" point there's suddenly quite a bit of force from the pedal trying to spring up and it pushes my foot causing me to release the clutch much faster than I should (I've probably stalled the car half a dozen times so far in the very little driving I've done since I've owned it). When I bought the car from the dealer I was informed that an aftermarket clutch was put on (supposedly) and was curious if my clutch pedal engagement is normal for 370z or not?

Also, I glanced at the helper spring and it's yellow, not sure if this is oem or not.

tl;dr: non-linear clutch pedal movement, is this normal?

Last edited by DrBacon; 12-24-2019 at 10:40 PM.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote