View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
cloudofevil
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370Z sport
cloudofevil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
Ok, but how much stiffer? 25% stiffer? 75%?

It's directly proportional to how stiff the bar is compared to the spring rate and corner weight. Its all guess work unless the manufacturer of the asb states exactly how much force it takes to bend the bar, which absolutely no one does. At max, some companies may give you a percentage compared to oem. If you get a bar that has a greater resistance to bending than the spring rate, you may end up exerting too much force on the tires. This again goes back to the level of grip the tires can make. You may reduce the sensation of roll, but this doesn't garranty more grip. Where it may give an increased level of force to overcome traction loss, you run the risk of overloading the tire at the limit and having a sudden loss of traction when the tire lets go, compared to a gradual loss of traction. I personally wouldn't do this change alone unless i have a tire that can support a higher load rating. Presumably double that of the corner weight.

But i think we all can agree, the first modification to ever be done is tires. Only then should you decide to change the ASB and/or spring rate.
Sorry I meant the benefit of staying lower in the camber curve and the detriment of increasing the outside tire load are not necessarily in proportion. I think in the case of the Z it's better to increase the front roll rate even with the increase in lateral load transfer across the front axle. And yes, tires are the most important upgrade.
cloudofevil is offline   Reply With Quote