View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
ckalnasy
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
ckalnasy is on a distinguished road
Default Have to sell the 40th....

So, I have tried everything I can to avoid this, but it looks like I will need to sell my wife's 40th anniversary 370z...

Backstory:
At the end of last October, my wife and I were riding with my sister and her boyfriend on our way to a Halloween party. It was pretty early in the evening, around 6PM or so. We were sitting at a red light and a woman erratically tried to go around all of the traffic sitting at the light perpendicular to us (it had just turned green) and in doing so lost control and struck us. It shoved us over a lane, we hit a curb, flipped the truck 3 times, and my wife and I, who were seated in the rear passenger area of the truck, had our seatbelts shear off and were thrown from the truck.

Eventually it came out the woman was under the influence of alcohol, over 3X the legal limit, and high on drugs. Speed limit in that area is 45 mph, and its estimated she was doing well over 60-70. My wife unfortunately received the worst of all the injuries. 3 severe traumatic brain injuries, multiple broken facial bones, broken jaw, shattered hip, broken leg, etc etc. Because of the brain injuries, she spent close to 3 months in a coma and had severe muscle atrophy. In addition, her head impact, on whatever it was, gave her optical nerve damage which has rendered her left eye blind and right eye legally blind.

So at this current time, she still cannot walk, only stand with help, and her vision is not regaining at any substantial rate that is noticeable to her. So sadly, we have made the decision we need to sell her car. I drive it maybe once a week or so just to keep everything lubed up and battery charged and all. But it does not look like she would be driving anytime soon, if at all, so I would rather not have to pay the car payment on something we are not using. Curious as to what we could sell it for, sadly we have only had it a year, and only 3 months of that ownership was prior to our accident. Specs are as follows:

2010 40th Z
Approximately 23,000 miles
Absolutely 100% stock
Always used AMSOIL synthetic oil since we owned it
1 accident on report. Extremely small incident. A guy accidently scraped his bumper against my wifes rear bumper (have pictures). Bumper was sanded and blended properly.

Thanks everyone
ckalnasy is offline   Reply With Quote