View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Gentlemen,

I finally got around to cleaning the leather and cloth insert seats of my 2016 Touring Sport with the heated and cooled seat option.

I had been concerned about using any kind of a cleaner that required some abrasion with a brush. I didn't want to hurt the criss cross mesh material that sits slightly above the woven cloth insert of the seat.

After much investigative research, I settled on a product called "FOLEX Instant Carpet Spot Remover". It has the usual caution to "test in a hidden place before use to ensure the fabric is colour fast". Well, with the Touring Sport seats with the heat and cool option, there isn't any hidden spots available for testing. So I tested it on a chair in my home instead.

It also directs you to spray the solution on the fabric and "agitate with your finger tips and blot with absorbent cloth". No brush!!!!

After the seats had dried (I put just enough of the cleaner on the fabric to wet it, without saturating the material so that it ran through onto the seat heaters or any wiring underneath) I'm pleased to say that the stains are all gone.

I couldn't be more pleased with the results!

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote