View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #111 (permalink)
knuckles899
Base Member

Drives: 08 350z Hr
knuckles899 is on a distinguished road

I updated the 1st post to show that post #79 and #82 will have further explanation on how this was a install error and not a manufacturing defect.

I think I am going to take a little break from the car and focus on work, I knew I was on borrowed time with the stock block but I may end up just putting a whole new one in. I have been speaking with RJM about building a complete turn key closed deck engine and then just sending my car to a well known shop for install and tune along with some other goodies. I just need to talk myself off the ledge about selling the car and buying a used (holds finger quotes in air) Minivan is what I told my wife.....lol but actually getting a GTR as this would be a whole other set of problems and issues that I wouldn't want with a 70k used vehicle...

Prior to the engine being fed metal I had
Compression Cylinders #1. 185 #2. 175 #3. 175 #4. 175 #5. 180 #6. 175
Leak Down % 15% 18% 22% 25% 18% 15%

The leak down I think already wrote this motors fate of being replaced................now with the metal dust.....kind of seals the deal. The last thing I want to happen though is to dump an additional 10k + on top of what I have already put in just to have something go wrong with my new engine if I end up getting one................I keep hearing stories of boosted Z's getting the piss run out of them with no issues at all.......I would like to be one of these people lol.
knuckles899 is offline   Reply With Quote