View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
Thanks Mays. Reason I asked was because these PSS are softwalled... I read elsewhere that these can be run at higher psi in order to stiffen them up a bit but I don't know how they will behave in the Z.
In either case soft or stiff. The target is heat management. The PSS is not vastly different than any other tire in its category, it still has to meet the requirements of its load index.

If the heat build up is too fast and too high, then you're most likely sliding the tires, a more rigid tire structure due to increased pressure will allow this as you know. For normal daily driving where you aren't stressing the tire, then its usually safer to run towards the hotter temps. You'll have faster, more direct steering and bump control will be quicker. The only caveat being more rebound force, which will make things a bit harsher and a little sketchy.

If you bought an xl rated tire, then most likely the sidewall stiffness is not softer than average. The pss comes in both xl and normal ratings.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote