View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNumbers View Post
Lookin good man. I'm very curious to see how the sound deadening you did works out when you put in the SI drivers and more power. I've been looking a lot into how much we really need to sound deaden to get rid of rattles. Did you by chance put any foam on the plastic panels where it meets the door?
Thanks!

I'm curious as well. The dampening I did on the doors and door panels made a very noticeable improvement, and that's just with the stock drivers. Of course, stepping up to much better, stronger drivers and stepping up from 15 watts to 150 watts, I'm certain things are probably going to start vibrating and making noise.

And to answer your last question, no I haven't added any foam. Thinking about it though, I just might have to. But again, this system isn't being built for "loud". It's being built for SQ. At most, I'll probably be running a couple of 8" subs under a false floor.