Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
I tried going through Grundy and they took three weeks of my time and never did come through with a policy. Next was Hagerty and they basically won't let you drive your car more than about 1K miles a year.

GEICO now has collector car insurance but you can't drive it very much. They did offer a rider to cover my wheels but that is all. I'm currently with GEICO with my fleet of vehicles, five of them.

I may go back and see what I can work up with Grundy, they have a MPV program that actually allows you to drive your car. They were helpful on the phone but their internet portal sucks. I found out that you really just need to call them.

Thanks for all of the responses.
Definitely speak personally with each ins co. You look into. I also looked into grundy b/c of MVP program. Def double check with them but iirc the dealbreaker was that if you wanted agreed value on , for us our streetable trck car, we needed to put ALL our vehicles, or at least a coulple under their MVP daily driver program. We only had 3 vehicles at the time, we would have lost multi policy disount for home /auto and multi vehicle discount with "regular" ins co when all we needed was agreed value coverage for the damn track car.

Also, s much as alll the "regular" ins companies suck a sweaty ballsack, if all your vehicles are under a boutique ins co. Would you feel as covered and as well protected?

In the end, wife and I decided the car modding is a hobby and treat it like a sunk cost. I.e. If your thing is going out to eat at fancy restaurants all the time, that money is gone. If your modded car gets wrecked, well that money's gone same way except your odds of something bad are lower since it's not guaranteed you'll lose your modded car

Or to put succinctly, don't play if you can't afford to pay.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote