View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvboy View Post
I may be in the minority here,but I had the TM65 MKII in my car for a week and did not like them compared to my Hertz ml 1600 and ended up putting the Hertz back in.The TM65 did go a little deeper,but the Hertz had more slam,but the determining factor for me was the fact the Hertz just sounded more musical.
Not at all. Everyone's hearing and tastes are different. Since I've never heard Hertz speakers before, nor the particular model mentioned, I won't know if they sound better to me or not compared to the Stereo Integrity drivers.

All I know is that with the new head unit and all of the sound dampening done to the doors, the stock door speakers are performing amazingly well along with the little cheapie Memphis dash speakers. Treble is airy and smooth, midrange is crisp and dynamic, mid-bass is tight, punchy and detailed.

If I'm really enjoying what I'm getting now with around 15 watts of decent power and stock drivers in the doors and $40 drivers in the dash, then things are really going to improve drastically when I get those SI drivers in the doors and dash powered by 150 extremely clean and powerful watts.

In the end, no matter what you get, there's always going to be something else better out there. I'm not too worried about that.

BTW, do you have a build thread anywhere of your system? Just curious.