View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #82 (permalink)
knuckles899
Base Member

Drives: 08 350z Hr
knuckles899 is on a distinguished road

Pretty much everything Sasha just stated. I spoke to Comp Turbo this morning. Comp stated that this was possibly a install error while clocking...... They said when I clocked the turbo the gasket most likely got pinched or became misaligned when it was rotated to line up with my piping. Even though everything appeared okay prior to starting the vehicle and even idling okay....meaning nothing seemed misaligned at the time, once the turbo got some heat and boost through it the housing began to contact the impeller blade. This would explain why I was able to get into the boost slightly a couple times and somewhere not to long after this I started to notice the noise. I asked Comp if this rubber gasket is oiled slightly during assembly to avoid the gasket getting pulled slightly when rotating and they said it does.........my thinking was that a dry rubber gasket would want to pull a little bit when rotating the turbo housing for clocking. Comp said that they would cover this under warranty and I should receive the turbo back probably by Friday.......I am not sure what is being replaced on the turbo itself as of now so I'll see on Friday when is arrives.

To sum everything up with Comp Turbo and Sasha at Boosted Performance

Great customer service
Takes initiative on providing feedback and solutions to customer issues
Fast shipping and response
Good Product

As far as how to avoid this from happening to anyone else in the future................I am not sure as I thought I was being as careful as possible and not forceful with anything with this turbo. The gasket we are speaking about was never removed from the turbo.....so my best guess is that it got pinched during tightening. I hope sharing this information helps others in the community as there are not hundreds of these setups out there.

Is there a way to edit the title of a thread?

Last edited by knuckles899; 08-16-2017 at 09:13 PM.
knuckles899 is offline   Reply With Quote