Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
Now that I have a boat load of money invested in my Z, I'm concerned about it's insured value.

Most car insurance will only cover the base car (if you are lucky) and not any of the added upgrades. The only thing that Geico will cover are the new wheels.

I've been shopping around to see if I can get my car insured for an agreed value but I'm not having much luck. Most of the insurance companies will insure the car but they basically don't want you to drive it.

I only put around 5K miles a year on the car but why build up the car to not drive it?

Anyone have a solution?
It seems insurance co are not on the modded car/agreed value business anymore. Went thru this a year or two ago. No insurance co would do agreed value or a rider. Haggerty would grudgingly do it but said we'd be limited to 3k miles per year (needed 5-6k).

Agreed value track event coverage is a snap ironically.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote