View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Looks good. You may want to consider a higher x over point than 1.6k..... The tm65v2's are very capable of playing up well into the 2-2.5k range. Let the bigger cones handle the bigger part of your upper midrange. and your tweeters will love you for it.
My thing is, I want to keep my sound stage up high, which means more upper midrange and vocals up on the dash. That's why I like those Memphis drivers so much, because they allow me to do that, crossing over at 1.25 kHz.

I would probably have the M25's crossed at 2 kHz, which is still lower than most other tweeters out there. I tried the Memphis drivers at 2 kHz today for the heck of it, and it didn't sound too bad, although levels and EQ and TA would have to be tweaked for the new crossover points. I didn't bother but at least now know that it's doable.