View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerman View Post
I was experiencing oil consumption issues for the last two years on my 2009 370Z. I've tried a Amsoil, Mobile 1, Motul and a host of other brand name synthetic and synthetic blended oils. I was burning a quart every five hundred miles! I switched to Castrol High Mileage Full Synthetic oil and changed my driving style from changing gears at 4000 RPM's, to changing gears between 2500 to 3000 RPM's. Ive noticed my oil temperatures hover between 180 to 200 degress instead of staying at 220 degrees.
After my tear down I found that valve stem,valve stem seals,and piston rings were faulty. New short block with new cylinder heads was the only fix unfortunately. Running a thicker higher weight motor oil will help somewhat with oil consumption issues but it is more of a bandaid until you can rebuild/replace your engine. One thing I found is doing your maintenance on these Nissan 370Z cars go's a long way. Extended warranties over time pay for themselves and are well worth it.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote