View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #76 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
And to add to this, I have been in touch with COMP as well regarding this particular case. It is indeed the first time they have seen a failure of this nature. COMP is striving to reach a 1% or less failure rate, which is much better than what Precision turbo was when I compile failures and the number of kits/turbos sold.

The worst part about Precision is that it was never their fault. Typical answer was "oil contamination" and this is why the turbo blew up...which of course is a load of BS.

COMP is the exact opposite. They will take care of any and all repairs, no questions asked. The turnaround time has also been extremely good, with 2nd day air return of turbo to customer, which I appreciate.

I have now sold 26 of these oil less units, this is one that failed. There were to more, one was where a customer removed the zerk grease fitting, causing issues. COMP repaired it and had it back to the customer within a week. Another turbo had a small coolant leak, which again was repaired and returned to the customer with a very quick turnaround.
Could you opt for the oil feed comp turbos?
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote