View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #74 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

And to add to this, I have been in touch with COMP as well regarding this particular case. It is indeed the first time they have seen a failure of this nature. COMP is striving to reach a 1% or less failure rate, which is much better than what Precision turbo was when I compile failures and the number of kits/turbos sold.

The worst part about Precision is that it was never their fault. Typical answer was "oil contamination" and this is why the turbo blew up...which of course is a load of BS.

COMP is the exact opposite. They will take care of any and all repairs, no questions asked. The turnaround time has also been extremely good, with 2nd day air return of turbo to customer, which I appreciate.

I have now sold 26 of these oil less units, this is one of those that failed. There were two more, one was where a customer removed the zerk grease fitting, causing issues. COMP repaired it and had it back to the customer within a week. Another turbo had a small coolant leak, which again was repaired and returned to the customer with a very quick turnaround.

EDIT:

I would have chimed in a lot sooner, but didn't know there was a thread here.

Also, to clarify... The original oil less design did not have a grease nipple so the entire centre section was sealed with the grease that is put in at the time of assembly. There were issues with those units, but that was in the year 2010-2014. I researched the crap out of these new units, and simply could not find a single bad review on the new versions of the turbo which have the grease nipple. For that reason, I made the switch to COMP turbo.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 08-15-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote