View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #73 (permalink)
knuckles899
Base Member

Drives: 08 350z Hr
knuckles899 is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this is proper etiquette but here is Sasha's post from the other forum on my350z.com just to keep everyone updated on the Forum.
I also received a email from Comp Turbo today asking for my phone number to discuss what they found. I should be able to update everyone tomorrow evening.

"OP, sorry about your troubles with this turbo. This is a very extreme and unfortunate case, not seen before.

Based on your description of the failure, there is no way anything would have made it's way up past the FMIC. Metal is of course heavier than air, and will simply sit at the bottom of the IC (provided it even made it that far).

these turbos feature a triple ceramic ball bearing centre section, which is water cooled. The centres section is billet aluminium, and features a grease nipple. The bearings get greased once per oil change, so the bearings stay lubricated. The water cooling prevents the grease from liquefying, so the bearings are kept lubricated. So despite being Oi-less, there is grease in the centre section to keep the bearings lubricated."
knuckles899 is offline   Reply With Quote