View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerman View Post
I was experiencing oil consumption issues for the last two years on my 2009 370Z. I've tried a Amsoil, Mobile 1, Motul and a host of other brand name synthetic and synthetic blended oils. I was burning a quart every five hundred miles! I switched to Castrol High Mileage Full Synthetic oil and changed my driving style from changing gears at 4000 RPM's, to changing gears between 2500 to 3000 RPM's. Ive noticed my oil temperatures hover between 180 to 200 degress instead of staying at 220 degrees.
Sounds like to me you are having excessive oil consumption issues definitely as I had the same issues burning a quart of oil every 500-1000 miles. The only thing you can do is check your engine oil level on your dipstick regularly and do your oil changes early. Ultimately you will have to rebuild your VQ engine or install a new VQ engine just like I had to if you want to fix the problem. The only thing that actually helped was using thicker motor oil. Instead of using 5W30 synthetic motor oil that the VQ engine calls for I used 10W30 Valvoline SynPower synthetic motor oil instead on all my oil changes and it helped some with the oil consumption issue. Your choice of oil filter can help also. I recommend to use oil filters with synthetic media. For oil changes I was using Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters. Do you have a extended warranty on your 370z?

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 08-15-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote