View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #61 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

This argument can stop at these two things -

1- 35k for a FWD car - NO
2- 20!! inch wheels on FWD car - NO
and the cherry on top -

If you are the type of person that gravitates towards flaming red cloth seats and brofiber dash trim. Then.....I'm sure this is not even a discussion for you. The Nurburgring lap record shouldn't change your opinion one way or another in this case.

I personally judge all cars by the quality and design of the interior. This is where I...the driver spend the majority of time viewing....driving the car. If there is fake flashy cheesy designs here, i can't care how good a car drives or looks on the outside, i'm not buying it. The steering wheel looks cheap and probably weird to hold, which is a major turn off. THE ONLY reason i got the G37 over the Z is because of the steering wheel and steering column length was just that much off for my driving position to be comfortable daily, now that i have another daily driver i'm tempted to trade in now for the Z. Brofiber and flaming red seats would have been a major hell no. In either case, the design and simplicity of the Z and G37 interior is way better.

Although i like the design of the type R, its way too "tuner bro", and although i'm relatively young, i'm too old for that crap, i'm sure some of you feel that way as well. The car is for rich kids with rich parents, plain and simple. There isn't a single person in the world that would actually be happy owning this longer than a year...if that.
I'd like to smash it around a track and give it back after a session of thrashing, no way in hell would i own it. The Z and the G37 are great touring and daily cars. This type R is a clown car with capability of hauling some bags and friends around, really....what is going on with all this stuff >

Inspired by zoid much? 3 exhaust tips!!! And i thought the MK7 R quad tips was stupid. Atleast with the Golf R and Focus RS we have a form of AWD and it doesn't totally look like it came out a EDM concert of acid.

Last edited by MaysEffect; 08-14-2017 at 10:01 PM.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote