View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Array
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '12 Pearly White
Array is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinsavage123 View Post
Hello guys, new to the forum, did some digging, but can't seem to find solid answers from the pros.

I am looking at getting a 370z auto, is there a certain year to stay away from? I hear if going auto, only get the sport model, unsure of reasons why, 7 speed/paddle shifter?

My main concern is, I like to go fast, seen these cars go 12's with bolt ons, but curious as to what these cars and their autos can generally handle whp/trq wise before a unsafe level? Are these engines/auto trans solid for the most part? I would definitely be turboing in the future if so once I find a good deal on one.'
Lot of info has already been covered on Auto Trans power intake the FI section of forum is overloading with it

Seems to be 500WHP before things go south even thats really pushing it, I see you can keep Stillens Supercharger kit at a low output increasing reliability. Over 500HP is a time bomb with an AT, There is the option to have the AT rebuilt by a company called "Level 10" I think its close to 7k a rebuild but gives u an incredibly handle on output

Only hard mod difference in sport/non sport is the wheels/diff, I advise a 2012+ comes with the "Oil Cooler" and by then most issues have been sorted out, I believe the 2015+ no longer come with Paddle shifters so be wary of that

Going FI will change a lot about the car and will require more mods, IF you decide to get a Sport you will most likely be swapping those already upgraded parts thus nullifying the point in buying that model in the first place

Last edited by Array; 08-13-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Array is offline   Reply With Quote