View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
KE_1508
Base Member

Drives: 08 Nismo 350Z # 1508
KE_1508 is on a distinguished road

Update:

-Still looking out for a red 14 Nismo. Hopefully, one will pop up in the future.

-Lately, I've been contemplating about my previous tune. We all know that Ecutek was never originally offered for the 350 so I had to stick with Uprev. When I first flashed the car from stock, it was GREAT. The throttle response was crisp and loved the ARC features that Uprev implemented (flat foot shifting, launch control/rolling launch). During this past April's trackday, I mentioned to Hotrodz the car wasn't feeling right between 4-5k, but it would pull hard up to redline. I had emailed my tuner in an attempt to correct this.

After sending a few data logs the next day, he pulled a significant amount of timing. Rest assured, the car wasn't detonating (pre-ignition). Fast forward a few months later, the engine never felt the same. I kept the original tune from December and reflashed it to reassess.

A few months passed, 10-12 data logs later, I'm still not sure about it. Tbh, you can't fully enjoy a car when it doesn't feel right. Do y'all agree?

-So now what?

Well, I recalled Hotrodz mentioning Seb at Specialty Z. Considering his mileage/use/and being FI, Seb had my interest. After doing some more research, it seemed like many of y'all have had great experiences with him both pre-purchase to after-purchase support. Hopefully, he can get my car squared away that way I can actually drive it at Road Atlanta during Z Nationals without worry.

Last edited by KE_1508; 08-13-2017 at 07:47 PM.
KE_1508 is offline   Reply With Quote