View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zatanna Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z 6MT
Zatanna Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
If the fluid is discolored, I would certainly recommend bleeding the system and replacing the spent fluid with a high quality DOT 4 brake fluid such as Motul RBF600 or equivalent. The loss of pressure could signal that you were boiling the fluid. It could also suggest that your CMC is on its way out. As indicated above, if the CSC fails, the clutch pedal will normally stick to the floor and there will be signs of fluid loss (... either fluid visible under the transmission bell housing and/or a drop in fluid level in the clutch fluid reservoir). If the CMC fails, the clutch pedal will often feel "soft", but sometimes will recover by pumping it a few times. For further advice, you may want to contact Joe at Z Speed Performance and/or Ryan at RJM Performance. They both have a lot of experience with the problems associated with the stock clutch system.
Yeah I'm gonna make an appointment tomorrow to bleed the system and replace clutch fluid. How many bottles of motul 600 will I need? Can I buy this stuff locally? I called around and not many people carry it. I will probably need to change my CSC and CMC sometime. But I'll just keep that in my future plans.
Zatanna Z is offline   Reply With Quote