View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #55 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z in the 6 View Post
You made some good points that I agree with for sure, but if you drive a Z because chicks like it... buy a crotch rocket that's too big for your riding capabilities. Picking up a girl on a date in your Z is just a perk... possibly in her eyes.. but definitely in yours
Didn't buy the Z because of the chic part. 3rd gear in my wrx blew up from 6 years of me beating the crap out of it (blouch 20g 344hp/348tq on cobbs dyno). So it was going to be anywhere from $2-$6k to fix the transmission.

I said I had enough and sold it for $7k, and took that money to put down on the Z.

BMW turned me down for financing on a new M2 as my credit was shot at that point in time, so a friend of mine knew the finance manager at Nissan of Portland, I jumped online, saw a midnight blue Z, always wanted a blue 2 door sports car, made the call, went down the next morning signed papers and that was that.

I didn't realize that chics even cared about the car til I started getting compliments once a week. I keep it excessively clean as dark colors show just about everything (nightmare). My theory is chics think it's faster/more expensive than it really is, and you just don't see very many 2 door vehicles in Oregon that are not mustangs/camero's, and the color just isn't common. Here everyone wants an suv/cuv/truck/subaru outback/boring pod cars like the leaf/prius/fit (barf).

As far as bikes go, I would commit a felony within a week if I owned one. I just do not have the physical self control to drive one. My father did have a bike when I was a kid, somehow the transmission locked up at 75mph, he laid it down and slid a long distance, lots of hospital visits, skin grafs, meds, etc. My mom kept the bloody jeans. So every time I brought up getting a bike, she would pull out those bloody jeans and I decided I'll stick with cars at an early age. Maybe it's a lame excuse but the car doesn't push me to temp fate. Too many things can go wrong on bikes, many of which are not in your control. Much respect to riders, just watching those mulholland drive videos still makes me question if getting one would be a good idea or not!

I would love it if we could have a new s2k but for taller people without the over styling, otherwise I'll stick with the Z, it's just fun enough for some turns, and just boring enough to keep me from doing things that I shouldn't do (the wrx encouraged bad things).

Back to topic: Any predictions when this over styled thing will start to go away?
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote