View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deqos
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z
Deqos is on a distinguished road
Default [SPOILER ALERT] Evo R High Wing installed !

So I finally was able to get the wing installed a couple days ago and it was pretty nerve racking since I wasn't sure what bolts to use or even where to take it to have it put on since I don't trust myself with a drill lol. However the guy that painted it (If you're in the DFW area go to Trans Auto Body in GP the guy does great work for an amazing deal!!) told me what bolts I needed so i went to Oreillys and if you purchase this wing from someone and it doesn't come with bolts you want size M6-1.0 x (I'd say like 20mm as I got 40mm and 30mm cause I didn't realize that the length from the opening hole in the trunk to the hole in the wing was pretty short so i overestimated) Hex head screws *Note* THESE MEASUREMENTS ARE FOR BOLTING THE BOTTOM PIECE TO THE TRUNK!!!! For putting the top piece on the bottom piece which needs to be done first you will want a very short bolt and it'll be 10mm as the head! Now putting the top to the bottom is the biggest bitch to do, one hole on the drivers side was just barely lining up and i kinda got the bolt in but not that great and on the middle one there was no way to put a bolt in so I was recommend putting double sided 3m tape or some kind of locktite type of product in there before bolting the other four holes (two on each side). As the top of my wing can be shaken a tiny bit so ill probably glue the side down more just for comfort reasons. Overall I love the wing and have gotten nothing but compliments! If you think that you need anything else done to the car to make it look nice, you don't lol. Im stock as hell except for spacers and in my opinion it looks amazing! Well thats my write up and I hope it helps someone that had many questions like I did when I first bought it

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Ill try to get more pics in tomorrow
Deqos is offline   Reply With Quote