View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
JHill, the dealers have been a revolving door for a long time. 17 years to be exact. I also hung up my tools as a Nissan Tech. Finished my degree, and have been an RF Engineer for over 17 years.
It's been bad for a while that's true but nothing like right now. It is down right scary what is there now and how rapidly techs are leaving. When I quite two years ago that dealer lost 7 of its 8 world certified techs (which takes a ton of time to get for GM). Most dealers are lucky to get one but we were the best dealer in the entire area and even used as a model store for GM but then sold out to a big chain and all new management from an entirely different car line that didn't know a damn thing, went from hourly and low comebacks with great csi to flat rate and tanked the dealer in less than 6 months. But it's the same story happening to all the dealers and now the strike in Chicago land. My place of employment has basically snatched up all the GM, Ford, and BMW master techs some were BMW star or whatever it's called where the dealer has to pay BMW something like 10k to recruit them from the school (they are the top of the class etc) and now they have left because low pay, and bad benefits.

Just google some auto news or Facebook publishes and you'll see all the manufacturers are ******** themselves because the schools are empty and the techs are leaving, the cats out of the bag and people now know it's not a good industry to get in to. Leaving only the bottom of the barrel left at dealers.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote