View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBinder View Post
Good Day Z lovers,
I wanted to verify something with the forum members in relation to my mechanic. To start off my mechanic I trust very much and has worked on lots of 370Z's.

He stated they will not install lightweight crank pulleys due to the fact they mess with the harmonic balancing of the motor and due to this will shorten the life of the engine.

I am curious if there are any members who have this installed and have had issues?

Thank You
To some extent this is true.

IF your thinking about replacing your oem pulley for an aftermarket?

invest in a pulley from a reputable manufacturer cheaper is not always the best option.

Mine finally broke after 30k without any warning which resulted in a small portion of the hub to remain.

It was a PIA to try to remove on my own with the right tools.

I ultimately had to give up and take to a local shop for it to finally get removed.

IMO the slight 5-7hp gain are not worth it.

If you wrench on your own car, and don't mind the eventual time bomb?

Have at it who am I to keep you from avoiding a potential problem down the road.

Invest that $ somewhere else.

enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170616_084007.jpg (446.1 KB, 33 views)

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote