View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #69 (permalink)
knuckles899
Base Member

Drives: 08 350z Hr
knuckles899 is on a distinguished road

Just mailed the turbo back to Comp and spoke to them. I asked them if they have seen anything like this and basically they have not. They are going to send my turbo to engineering and R&D I guess so everyone can get a better idea on what potentially happened. They said this version of the oil less CTX 4 is the latest version .....the one with the zert fitting. I guess cooling seal issues have been present before but nothing to this extent. They said when they take it apart that they will have a better understanding on what went wrong. I asked if turning the housing (aka clocking the turbo) causes this and it did not seem like it would cause this type of failure. He did say though that removing the nut that the actual turbine is secured by would be an issue, like dissembling the turbine itself which I did not do thankfully. Comp did say that actual engine damage from this failure is likely minimal to none, intercooler probably caught most of the metal dust / particles. I offered to send photos of my air filter to show how its in all one piece and they didn't seem to want anything more at this time.

Overall, so far so good for customer service. They sent me a return shipping label and have been a pleasure to speak with.

I will keep everyone posted with what their findings are once they examine it.

Last edited by knuckles899; 08-10-2017 at 07:11 PM.
knuckles899 is offline   Reply With Quote