View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 03:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
rrc86
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
rrc86 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Subwoofer Box

I have a base model 2016 and wanted more from my stereo. I decided to put a subwoofer in to fix it.

I wanted a low profile box the would not be higher than the rear bar (I don't know the name of it), and I still wanted to have access to the spare tire. I've looked at pre-made boxes and they were too tall for what I wanted and made it difficult to get to the spare tire. So I decided to make one. I've included plans for this box, but it was made for the equipment I used, so adjust for what you have if you decide to use this design. I will not take responsibility for measurements being wrong for your equipment. Subwoofer installed is a MTX 3510-02. So far it hasn't shifted/moved even with some spirited driving.

Here is a picture of the finished product. (My upholstery work isn't the greatest)

Here is where I hid my amp and I know the wiring needs to be cleaned up. The box on the right is the factory bluetooth/phone module in case you were wondering.

I made a new "floor" for the hatch area. I made it in several parts so that I can get to the spare tire.

With the factory mat on, it's like I didn't do a thing.

The final product (again).

Low like I wanted

I can also reach the spare tire without pulling the box out. The side pieces can also be removed.

Here are the plans. Made with 3/4 inch MDF. It's just enough interior space for the sub I used.

Last edited by rrc86; 08-06-2017 at 09:43 PM.
rrc86 is offline   Reply With Quote