View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
zeeder
Enthusiast Member

Drives: ‘13 370Z ST 6M
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I made the decision to wait on a Z I test drove the car today as I wanted to try out the automatic. I have to say I thought the shift speed between the DSG in the GTI and the 7AT in the Z was negligible. Also, the paddles are far superior and I like that they're column mounted. Lastly, the rev match was also nice since it was less jerky on 3-2 downshifts where the revs can jump a decent amount.

The GTI is definitely more comfortable as the seats in the Z put a bit of pressure on my hips that would make long drives uncomfortable. Nothing that a 100 pound weight loss on my part wouldn't fix lol. The difference in power delivery was also interesting as the low end torque when the turbo comes on gives a more exaggerated shove in the GTI. The rear wheel drive of the Z was awesome and something I really miss.

I learned that I am, in deed, still smitten with the Z and that I still could daily one if I wanted to. I wish it had telescoping steering wheel but it wasn't horrible. It'll give me something to look forward to in a couple three years and possibly a little motivation to drop some more weight to fit in the car a bit better.

Last edited by zeeder; 08-04-2017 at 06:06 PM.
zeeder is offline   Reply With Quote