View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute
Default ATTENTION: ALL Nismo 370Z Owners: Please check your suspension!

Ok, I'm going to give you the whole story lol, but I promise the title will make sense at the end.

So my car is 700 miles into the break in and I've had it about 10 days. I had been perusing the forums before I got the car. For the life of me I can't find them, but I remember reading a couple posts to check a couple things after purchase. (sorry, car pictures on my official intro thread to come)

One was to check the tire pressure which I did after finding the ride home was a little stiff. The next morning I checked the cold tire pressure and it was 42 PSI! I lowered it back down to 36, 1 lbs over factory recommendation. Still a little stiff but better, keep reading though. (First thanks to the forums!)

Second, I also took a flash light and checked the front coils for spacers. I read they put these on the Nismo models so they don't scrape the front spoiler when off loading the cars from the ship to the port. I didn't see any. (Second thanks to the forums)

Today I got under the car to install the filter magnet I ordered. I was looking into this before I got the car, but the oil change DYI by AK pointed me in the right direction as to what kind to get (third thanks to the forums!). So after I installed it:
[IMG][/IMG]

I was looking at the fender liner because I'm thinking about installing silver coated bulbs in the front/rear turn signals and I'm pretty sure you have to go in through the front fender liner. Anyway, I'm looking at my coils and I notice this black thing between the coils behind the shock:

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't notice it when I did my check because it's hidden by the damper, the picture shows it on the inside facing the engine. Here's another couple shot's. One on the same location and another after I spun it around to take it off:

Here's what they look like off the car:
Side:

Top:

I recommend if you get a Nismo, jack it up and check behind the shock & spring, not just in front! They may come with 2 on each spring but mine only had the ones facing the inside (1 on each front spring). Maybe 2 on the outside were removed, I don't know. I took it for a short drive and it felt more compliant but the real test will be on the freeway later. I'm sure there will be a difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3577.jpg (140.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3576.jpg (142.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3573.jpg (119.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3575.jpg (119.4 KB, 41 views)
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote