View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
MoncefVQ
Base Member

Drives: G37S, Turbo Maxima
MoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond reputeMoncefVQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
This seems to be the go to response from you and your fanbase whenever someone starts asking questions about why they should go with Admin Tuning. Honestly I'm not sure why this is even a point of discussion, no one is disputing that your setup makes power and no one here is trying to discredit that. The only thing that should be highlighted to potential buyers of this system is that there are additional costs of ownership not needed in other CAI systems...such as the MAF scaling (which if I understand correctly is an ECU tune but limited only to the MAF values).
The vast majority of the Z community is paying to get their cars tuned regardless of what intakes they buy. So it is in their best interest to buy a powerful intake in preparation for their tuning session. MAF tuning is done when your car is tuned regardless of what intake it has on it. Buy the intakes, have your shop put them on and tune the car, put them on yourself, have your tuner send you a tune, etc. It is up to the customer, they can pick.

Quote:
I think this needs to be clearer because I've seen responses from you on the Facebook pages where you say that MAF scaling is required, from a purely cost based perspective...this is the same as paying for a full blown tune, correct?
It is not the same as paying for a full tune. If I was approached by a client to do the bare minimum to have his car drive on these intakes, I would charge him for just that, not a full blown tune which involves fully optimizing the car's calibration for the intakes and the user's other mods. Like I mentioned before, the practical strategy for many customers is to buy the intakes to finish out their bolt on combination, and get a full tune from their tuner (or myself if they choose) and continue enjoying their car.

The MAF rescaling was only meant for testing purposes to test the intakes on a bone stock car for those who wanted to know what they would do with all OEM restrictions in place.

Quote:
I disagree. Actually i think it's quite the contrary, it's purely objective. If you do the math and consider what it costs to purchase, MAF scale or tune and add on throttle bodies vs what it costs to purchase any of your competitors CAI systems and then compare the power gained, you will have a cost benefit/analysis that is going to point them in the other direction.

I've said it before, if your intakes came in at basically the same price or lower than your best competitor and did not require the MAF scaling. I'd probably buy Admin instead of whatever I have now.
Agree to disagree, since my intakes don't require large throttle bodies. If a customer is putting parts on their car based on the typical chokepoints of these engines, they would do it most likely like this:

Test pipes/HFCs
Exhaust (and Y pipe if going single exit)
Headers (optional, worthwhile gain regardless)
Intakes (at this point, they'd be ready to tune the car) + tune

So ultimately, they are spending the same for a tune, the same for the exhaust components, and ~$140 more for my intakes as opposed to G3s (assuming G3s still sell for $495).
MoncefVQ is offline   Reply With Quote