View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoncefVQ View Post
Hi,
I have proven that my intakes make power on the stock throttle bodies and on a bone stock car with stock everything else.
This seems to be the go to response from you and your fanbase whenever someone starts asking questions about why they should go with Admin Tuning. Honestly I'm not sure why this is even a point of discussion, no one is disputing that your setup makes power and no one here is trying to discredit that. The only thing that should be highlighted to potential buyers of this system is that there are additional costs of ownership not needed in other CAI systems...such as the MAF scaling (which if I understand correctly is an ECU tune but limited only to the MAF values).

Quote:
This is incorrect, I do not "push" clients to get their stock cars tuned, my intakes hold their position in the marketplace as a final upgrade for people who are wrapping up their bolt-on "builds". I always tell potential customers that it is in their best interest to have at least test pipes and a good exhaust behind their intakes. If they want the intakes and tune beforehand after I disclose this to them, then I'll proceed.
I think this needs to be clearer because I've seen responses from you on the Facebook pages where you say that MAF scaling is required, from a purely cost based perspective...this is the same as paying for a full blown tune, correct?

Quote:
Whether or not they are worth it is subjective, but the cost is a function of the investment in design, testing, production and support. There is no BS that is being spread as I already have proven these intakes make power over the stock ones, and my customers have made power over Injen intakes (~11whp) and Z1Motorsports intakes (~11whp) with mine on both 07-08 350Z HR engines and 09+ 370Z/G37 VHR engines.
I disagree. Actually i think it's quite the contrary, it's purely objective. If you do the math and consider what it costs to purchase, MAF scale or tune and add on throttle bodies vs what it costs to purchase any of your competitors CAI systems and then compare the power gained, you will have a cost benefit/analysis that is going to point them in the other direction.

I've said it before, if your intakes came in at basically the same price or lower than your best competitor and did not require the MAF scaling. I'd probably buy Admin instead of whatever I have now.

Quote:
I'd love to post them but I don't think this website allows external links, (I have already attempted posting links in this thread) I have them on my site. The gains from an intake swap only, or intake swap + MAF corrections will always show where the stock parts become a restriction. Other parts of the tune will increase power in other areas in many cases.
Not sure what's going on but you should have no problems linking to anything external to this site... for example I can link to your youtube video from your website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhcYtV-dvjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhcYtV-dvjU

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |

Last edited by Eagle; 08-03-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote