View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hytz_!ntyn$e View Post
Ok so we have all seen the power claims of various tuners with their turbo kits and what not. I am very interested in the GTM kit which puts out like 536rwhp I think. now i was reading the GReddy blog about their tuner kit and they said it puts out 450rwhp which is the maximum amout to run safely on the stock engine. What i am trying to find out is if this is true. What is the safe amount on a stock engine? Is GReddy correct or is the GTM kit good to go? Thanx ahead guys
Safe is a relative term as it depends on a lot of variables. Safety depends on tuning, fuel quality, reliability of components, and driving habits.

Here at GTM, we've ensured that all the things under our control work towards safety. However, how you drive your car is up to you. If you drive it like you stole it 90% of the time, the motor isn't going to last very long, forced induction or bone stock. Also, whenever we tune a car, we tune to the lowest common denominator for safety. However, we have at times increased boost and horsepower using a boost controller and race gas (at the customer's request) to be used sparingly for a little extra kick.

Regardless of which forced induction system you opt to install on your naturally aspirated high compression motor, please know that there is always going to be a risk associated with that choice. You can mitigate that risk with supporting modifications and proper tuning, but never eliminate it altogether. Ultimately, our turbo kits are rated according to the capability of the turbochargers and the system itself...not necessarily what the motor can handle for extended periods of time. We generally recommend mid 400's to low 500's for the stock engine and up to the low 600's for short bursts (with race gas of course).

I hope that helps answer your question.
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote