View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 01:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
pumpgas89
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary Z
pumpgas89 is on a distinguished road
Question Staggered Track Width: Good or Bad?

Hi Zeeniacs,

Hoping to gain some insight if you guys have any experience to share. I'm currently scouring the370z forum and the rest of the internet for golden nuggets of info.

To the best of my measuring skills and accuracy of my home depot tape measure, I have recorded a track width of 62" up front and 61 1/4" in the rear for my 2010 base 370z.

I have a slight idea to what i might get out of this but, for you track experienced folks, what should i expect from this? IMO, I think the difference in track width is minuscule to create unbalanced handling characteristics.

side note: My Z is a base model with a square wheel and tire setup. I'm using the base enkie wheels with Pirelli Pzero. Specs as listed:
18x9 +15; 265/40/18; only alignment spec front L/R camber -1.9 and stock ride height with stock suspension system.

P.S. IN THE DISTANT FUTURE I'm going to add 20mm spacers in the rear to even out track width to get close to an actual square stance. If you are running a complete square setup like i describe, I'd like you hear from you!!

P.S.S. Will be visiting Adams Motorsports Park on 8/5/17 give me a holla if you see me. I'm the noob with grey z on base wheels and I'm wearing a black helmet.

pumpgas89 is offline   Reply With Quote